|年龄||10 - 11 (estimated)|
- 日文 | 百江なぎさ（ももえ なぎさ／Momoe Nagisa）
- 中译 | 百江渚
- 昵称 | 白毛、贝贝（第二形态）
- She is confirmed to be Charlotte.
- Nagisa claims she came back to eat cheese again. It's unclear if this is her wish.
- In the world Homucifer created, Nagisa goes to elementary school. She is seen with a school bag and laughing with her friends.
- She is said to have a childlike appearance.
- Her weapon is a trumpet styled like Charlotte, that can shoot bubbles powerful enough to put cracks in a Witch's barrier.
- Her soul gem is shaped like a candy.
- Her associated colour is possibly either white or orange.
- Unlike the other Puella Magi, Nagisa's hair, eyes and soul gem are not all the same colour.
- She seems to really hate Kyubey, as she is seen snarling at him several times as Bebe.
- She can channel or change her form to and from Bebe (and by extension Charlotte's second form). It is unknown if this is because of her Puella Magi powers or special powers granted to her as a herald of Ultimate Madoka.
- She rides on a Sebastian during the battle with Homulilly.
- The most prominent speculation is that Nagisa is the magical girl form of Charlotte. It has been pointed out that Nagisa's bangs resemble part of Charlotte's forehead in doll form, and her pigtails resemble Charlotte's "ears" in both forms. Nagisa also has a similar color scheme to Charlotte, as she has white hair and wears clothing that is colored brown, red, and pink with polka dots. Finally, Nagisa has unusually colored eyes that are yellow in the center and red at the edge of each iris. This is similar to Charlotte's eyes in her larger form, which are colored blue near the center but then change to yellow and other colors. This theory was supported with the new trailer, showing Nagisa in her magical girl form which looks quite similar to Charlotte.
- This article shows that this speculation is even supported by popcorn.
- This theory has been confirmed by the movie.
- Nagisa's white hair and unusually colored eyes have also drawn comparisons to Kyubey and Ultimate Madoka. There are speculations that Nagisa is an Incubator in human form, or some kind of manifestation of Madoka in the new world she created.
- Because the Faust legend references feature somewhat prominently in Madoka Magica, and due to the new ending animation shown at the end of the first movie (the sequence had a pink silhouette holding another, smaller silhouette inside of it - much like a fetus), it is speculated that Nagisa may be the child of Ultimate Madoka. In Goethe's Faust, Gretchen was actually pregnant with Faust's baby and she was forced to murder her baby by drowning it. Evidence to support this theory is fairly obvious - Nagisa's own design (most prominently her face) looking very similar to Madoka's, much like how a child would resemble their parents to an extent.
- Nagisa's last name is similar to Mami Tomoe's last name, as well as the given name of Kyoko Sakura's sister Momo. This might indicate a connection with both characters. Evidence to support this is in the new theatrical release poster, where it depicts Nagisa attempting to hide behind Mami and in return, Mami is seemingly trying to hold her close.
- Nagisa's given name could be a reference to Nagisa Misumi from the magical girl anime Futari wa Pretty Cure. It could also be a reference to Kaworu Nagisa from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion or Nagisa Furukawa from CLANNAD. All are likely for symbolic purposes: the first Nagisa is a magical girl, the second is highly suspected to be travelling through time loops in his canon's own reboot movies, and the third is saved by her love interest causing a similar time loop.
- Given the ending of Rebellion, it can also be noted that in the movie version of CLANNAD, the time loops were removed and attempts to save Nagisa failed...
- Because of the reading of her name 百江 (Momoe) = Hundred Rivers and なぎさ (Nagisa) = Shore, it is speculated she could be the convergence of timelines.
- If Nagisa is connected to Madoka, Nagisa's magical girl form resembling a cat could reference Madoka's wish in the first timeline to save a cat.
- However, if Nagisa is associated with the Incubators, her magical girl form resembling a cat could reference the Incubators' cat/ferret-like appearance.
At the moment, Nagisa only appears in The Rebellion Story. (In fact, she technically appeared in Episode 3 of the anime as the witch Charlotte. She is presumed to have been taken into Law of Cycles by Madoka at the end of the anime.)
Prior to the beginning of Rebellion, Madoka, Sayaka and Nagisa enter Homura's witch barrier from the Law of Cycles. (Although the movie doesn't explicitly say this, Nagisa is essentially an angel for Madoka.) In order to stop Kyubey's plan to observe and control the Law of Cycles, Madoka entrusted her memories and powers to both Nagisa and Sayaka so they could reawaken her to save Homura at the right time. Nagisa later explains that she took the mission because she wanted to eat cheese again.
Once she enters Homura's barrier, Nagisa disguises herself as her witch form (which Kyubey would not recognize). The other characters call her Bebe. While disguised, she stays at Mami's house and helps the magical girls fight Nightmares. The memory altering effects of the barrier causes Mami to believe that Bebe is her oldest friend. Although her own memories are unaffected, Nagisa seems to reciprocate Mami's friendship.
Eventually Homura begins to discover the truth of the false world and suspects Nagisa/Bebe as the culprit due to her appearance as Charlotte. Homura tries to interrogate Bebe, but is stopped by Mami. Bebe escapes as Mami and Homura fight each other. When the battle concludes, Sayaka helps Homura escape from Mami, and Nagisa returns to her human form. She apologizes to Mami for deceiving her and explains the truth to Mami
Nagisa reappears as Bebe once Homura transforms into Homulilly. She transforms back into her human form and uses her weapon, an explosive bubble blowing trumpet, to create cracks in Homulilly's barrier. Ultimately, the magical girls hold off Homulilly and her familiars long enought to break through the barrier, revealing the Isolation Field that Homura's Soul Gem was trapped in. Madoka calls out to Homura's remaining humanity and together they destroy the Isolation Field from within, foiling the Incubators' plot.
Once the barrier disappears, Ultimate Madoka descends from the sky along with a carriage containing both Sayaka and Nagisa. Madoka intends to take Homura into the Law of Cycles. However, Homura has been changed by her experiences in her barrier and grabs Madoka before she can take her Soul Gem. Homura then separates Madoka from the Law of Cycles and uses her new powers to rewrite reality. Nagisa is shown to be engulfed by the colors spilling out of Homura's Soul Gem and spreading to cover the universe.
In Homura's new reality, Nagisa is unable to return to the Law of Cycles. She is seen happily running about in her civilian outfit, implying that Homura has erased her memories of being a magical girl. It is also suggested Homura has suppressed her magical girl and witch powers, effectively turning Nagisa back into an ordinary human. Eventually Nagisa meets up with a group of kids her own age and leaves with them. It is implied that they are all going to an elementary school together.
At the end of the movie Mami saves Nagisa from falling packages of cheese, suggesting that they will become friends again in the new reality.
Official Art and Screenshots
- The Rebellion Story text free.jpg
- Meet nagisa.gif
- Eb0c1471 (1).jpg
First Full Official Visual of Nagisa as a Magical Girl
- Ume Aoki Rebellion Pics.jpg
By Ume Aoki
- Nagisa Soul Gem Spoiler.jpg
Nagisa's Soul Gem in it's transformed state.
- Nagisa Billboard.jpg
- Nagisa Kana Asumi.jpg
By Kana Asumi, Nagisa's voice actor.
- Rebellion Runes - 012847 - Nagisa invocation circles.jpg
Nagisa and the shadowy figure from the first trailer for Movie 3 seem to look alike. Perhaps they are the same person?
- Nagisa Momoe and charlotte comparison.jpg
- Nagisa Momoe speculah as charlotte.jpg
Nagisa shares some similarities to Charlotte.
- Nagisa short hair.jpg
- Nagisa aka charlotte.jpg
Could Nagisa be Charlotte?
Nagisa also shares some design features with Kyubey.
Comparison of Charlotte from production notes, Mystery Girl and Nagisa
- Bokurano charlotte.jpg
- Madoka rebellion popcorn.jpg
Cheese flavored popcorn?
- Nagisa meets yuno.png
Fan art from Pixiv
Fan art from Pixiv
Fan art from Pixiv
- Fusion Dance Nagisa.jpg
It all makes sense now.
- Hidamari Sketch VA cast now complete.png
The cycle is now complete.
- 39609836 p1.png
- 39609836 p5.png